Are you in need of cosmetic bonding or cosmetic dentistry from your Bloomfield, PA, dentist? Dr. Stephen DeFusco and Dr. Heba Alani, can help you get the smile you want.
Dental Bonding in Bloomfield, PA
Composite resins come in many colors and shade. They provide you with life-like results and the procedure isn't that long. Getting a dental bonding doesn't need any laboratory work so your dentist can finish the procedure in one visit, approximately 30 minutes to an hour.
Here is what the process entails:
- Cleaning the surface of the tooth to ensure they're plaque-free
- Then they'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel to open pores on the surface of your teeth
- Your dentist will rinse the etching material with composite resin matching the color of your teeth
- A special curing light hardens the bonding material
- Another layer is painted onto your tooth
- The tooth is shaped using a drill
More on Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is an easy and inexpensive restorative procedure in cosmetic dentistry. It's an easy and inexpensive way to fix broken and decayed teeth to give you the beautiful smile you want. They fix:
- Minor spacing
Maintaining your New Bonding
Dental bondings require the same care as all your teeth, but with the proper maintenance, bonded teeth may last 3 to 10 years.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once before bed
- Make sure you visit your dentist twice a year for a routine checkup and dental cleaning
- Changing your diet to eat fewer sugars and incorporating healthy foods like apples and carrots that scrape teeth clean as you eat them
- Drinking plenty of water to wash away food debris
For more information on tooth-colored fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call our Bloomfield, PA, dentists, Dr. DeFusco and Dr. Alani, today to schedule an appointment!